Guest mikethaninefive

Guest mikethaninefive

I've been in Woodstock,GA since right after Thanksgiving and I'll be here until June so last week I made a trip home to see my kids and get my bike :) My question is- where near Woodstock, GA are there decent roads to ride? I'd like some favorite routes that I could ride when I get out of work at 5:30 or some longer ones for the ocassional weekend off. :) Thanks!

I live just North of you in Canton (Bridgemill to be exact). LOTS of great roads in the area within 30 minutes. Take Bells Ferry north, left on Butterworth, left on GA 20, right on GA 108. Fun road, then there are some good backroads out there. Burnt Mountain up in Jasper is only 30 mins or so away too and much fun with a great view up top. You aren't far from Red Top either over along Lake Allatoona. Best to just look on Google maps, take the smartphone, and go explore.

I'd be willing to give a guided tour provided I can get some FREE time. Between work and my son's baseball season I have none lately!

• Member Contributer

I'm in Woodstock as well. I like taking East Cherokee up to Hickory Flat, right onto Hickory Flat - straight onto Broadwell Road. Runs you out to N Alpharetta and the Birmingham Hwy, Providence Road, Freemanville road, are all fun roads to run on.

If you continue up onto Hwy 20 via East Cherokee (stay straight) Waterpump road is a blast off of east cherokee.

Hit us up if you are free and want to ride.

I'm in Woodstock as well. I like taking East Cherokee up to Hickory Flat, right onto Hickory Flat - straight onto Broadwell Road. Runs you out to N Alpharetta and the Birmingham Hwy, Providence Road, Freemanville road, are all fun roads to run on.

If you continue up onto Hwy 20 via East Cherokee (stay straight) Waterpump road is a blast off of east cherokee.

Hit us up if you are free and want to ride.

That sounds great! Now if I could just get some time off! lol

• Member Contributer

The best roads in Woodstock are over THERE man...............

:tongue:Jimi-Hendrix-Woodstock-1969.jpg

• Member Contributer

Lemme know if you want to ride and I'll take you on a mountain run and buy you the best damn burger you've ever eaten. I'm about 40 minutes east of you. We can be in the mountains in less than an hour.

Rollin

• Member Contributer

Lemme know if you want to ride and I'll take you on a mountain run and buy you the best damn burger you've ever eaten. I'm about 40 minutes east of you. We can be in the mountains in less than an hour.

Rollin

Where's this burger? :idea3:

• Member Contributer
Where's this burger? :idea3:

That would be a Yonah Burger just outside of Helen! I just wish the darn place was open on Sunday since that is the day I prefer to ride.

Rollin

• 2 weeks later...

I just found this post again,lol That burger sounds great! I was in Helen today, I went for a ride and ended up meeting a former VFR rider at a gas station in Suches. I warned him I was a slow rider and found out I was even slower than I thought,lol He was very patient though. If you guys don't mind riding with a turtle I have weekends off now and would love to put something together :)

• Member Contributer

You see by now how lucky you are to be down here with your bike. I can ride on Fridays

and most Sunday afternoons (not this one coming). Welcome down. Have you discovered

Bike NIghts at the Vortex of Thursdays yet? Stay away from that Rollin guy.

He's trouble.

That would be a Yonah Burger just outside of Helen! I just wish the darn place was open on Sunday since that is the day I prefer to ride.

Rollin

I'll have to give Yonah a try sometime. Normally I stop at Creekside Deli in Cleveland. You can usually sit on the patio outside and watch the bikes cruise through on their way to Blood Mountain.

That all sounds awesome! This Sunday a friend from work and I are going for a ride with the route to be determined, I'll update tomorrow :)

Also, first a disclaimer- I do not try to ride outside my skill level or feel I need to keep up if I'm not comfortable. That being said, what is the rough average speed you more experianced riders are hitting on the twistier parts of 60 and 180? Just curious

• 3 years later...
  • Member Contributer

Rollin

I'll have to give Yonah a try sometime. Normally I stop at Creekside Deli in Cleveland. You can usually sit on the patio outside and watch the bikes cruise through on their way to Blood Mountain.

Only took us a little over 3 years! Thanks for riding out to meet me for lunch today.

Only took us a little over 3 years! Thanks for riding out to meet me for lunch today.

Wow, time flys! Guess it has been so long I actually forgot about the place.

It was good. Crowded when we got there, but the burger was good.

Good seeing you again and thanks for giving me an excuse to get out and ride today.

Archived