Official TEXASMAC 2012 Event Thread, May 17th-20th

• Member Contributer

OK, I've rented 70 Chairs for the event so that we can continue our tradition of hanging out in the parking lot telling lies over drinks!

But they won't be delivered until Thursday morning around 10am so you early arrivals will be out of luck till then! :tongue:

BR

BTW all you guys trailering in plz bring your EZ-Ups if you got'em just in case of bad weather.

I can rent a tent, but it's an extra $600 for a 30x30. :sad:

Rethink this, Kevin. A bunch of pop-ups leaking all over the place should it rain would be a disaster. We could avert it my having everyone kick in $10. I know some T-partiers don't like new taxes but maybe just this once :rolleyes:

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I've rented 70 Chairs for the event so that we can continue our tradition of hanging out in the parking lot telling lies over drinks!

But they won't be delivered until Thursday morning around 10am so you early arrivals will be out of luck till then! :tongue:

BR

BTW all you guys trailering in plz bring your EZ-Ups if you got'em just in case of bad weather.

I can rent a tent, but it's an extra $600 for a 30x30. :sad:

Rethink this, Kevin. A bunch of pop-ups leaking all over the place should it rain would be a disaster. We could avert it my having everyone kick in $10. I know some T-partiers don't like new taxes but maybe just this once :rolleyes:

We've done the EZ-ups before w/o issue, but if it looks like a deluge we can see if we need to get the tent I can call next Tuesday or Wednesday and he'll set it up.

So glad to be bringing the HeroHD to this event. Something tells me, the evening parking lot antics will be the highlight of the trip....

I'm going to look around and see if I can find some moonshine to bring. Always a good icebreaker....hahahahhaha

I'd love to try a sip of Moonshine - if you find some lemme know!! :laugh:

Ken, I'm sure there's moonshine to be found right there in Franklin.. just have to ask the right local...

And i'm sure it would be much better than what there selling in stores! :tongue:

Are you staying all week?

I wish! Been here since Wednesday morning with another group, need to be at work Monday.

we are staying at Fontana, right on 28. Yesterday I took 28 from the gap all the way to SC and it was sublime! Than ended up going through GA for a while and it sucked but somehow just following my hand scribbled rough directions I ended up on Cherahola in TN and rode that to 129 and back tho the lodge, not bad for my first ever ride in the area (it rained Wsdnesday so I only managed 50 miles) yesterday 295 miles, 4 states and 6 state lines.

• Member Contributer

Well, it looks like I'm going to have to cancel my trip to Tmac this year. My mom (who's 86) is in failing health, and it would be better to use my limited time off to go back to Pennsylvania and visit with her.

This would have been my 3rd Tmac and I was looking forward to seeing "all y'all" again!

So everyone ride safe, have a blast and drink one for me!

Curt

Well, it looks like I'm going to have to cancel my trip to Tmac this year. My mom (who's 86) is in failing health, and it would be better to use my limited time off to go back to Pennsylvania and visit with her.

This would have been my 3rd Tmac and I was looking forward to seeing "all y'all" again!

Curt

Sorry to hear Curt. Prayers going out for Mom.

Shannon and I are out for TMAC. I had surgery on my shoulder and I'm still 6-7 weeks away from riding. I dragged my feet as long as I could hoping I would be ready and we could make it. But it's now time to call it. We hope you all have a great time! Ride Safe! Hopefully we can make it another time.

• Member Contributer

Curt

Visit your mom. There'll be another TMac.

Glenn

• Member Contributer

Good luck to your mom. Very appropriate. Mother's Day. +1 what rdguy said.

I wish! Been here since Wednesday morning with another group, need to be at work Monday.

we are staying at Fontana, right on 28.

You must be there for the ECM. I was hoping to ride up tomorrow and meet some of the people. Don't know yet if that is going to work. If not, I may try to meet whoever ends up at Ohlins USA later in the day.

• Member Contributer

Curt

+1 Do the Mom thing, lost mine a couple years ago, wish she was still here..

Looks nice and shiny, Dave.

I'm going there tomorrow, want to do the trip before it rains Sun/Mon(if it does).

Curt

Sorry you'll miss it but Mom's are worth it!

At this point I just ship the event Tee to your home as it's to late for refunds at this point!

Shannon and I are out for TMAC. I had surgery on my shoulder and I'm still 6-7 weeks away from riding. I dragged my feet as long as I could hoping I would be ready and we could make it. But it's now time to call it. We hope you all have a great time! Ride Safe! Hopefully we can make it another time.

Thanks and see you next time!

BR

Archived