Aftermarket exhaust?

Guest VFRJEDI

I ordered mine the same way and it was an easy process. David Damien (the owner) emailed me while I was waiting for the exhaust to be built, sending me the photos of the fitting process. A small business that understands customers.

Adrian

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

hey beck i like your opion . there is too much hype on slip on's and what power they add . i think if u are looking for a slip on ,pick by looks and sound ...thats all , the couple of hourse u MAY get u wont feel .

funny though how well all will drop big coin just for sound lol

i laugh cause i spent 1000 for my laser .....and think its worth every penny lol

hey and i really like that DAM pipe. i use to like the acprovic but somehow the DAM seems to keep the look and flow of the bike perfect ! dont get me wrong i love the acprovic but it almost looks a little to fast or racy for the bike

Okay finally installed my DAM exhaust system, also installed a servo eliminator plug made by Pat (pdfruth) he has made many of these for the guys on newer generation CBR1000's and also makes a gear indicator and speedo adjustment device... fantastic person and it was a plug and play affair

post-346-0-11952900-1326649057.jpg

post-346-0-04287600-1326649072.jpg

post-346-0-87380100-1326649123.jpg

This is the price DAM sent me a couple days ago.

Article,version : 1x Honda VFR1200 polished/matt version and Sport killer included

Espected delivery time after payment: shipping week 5 of 2012

Exhaust + transportation costs Total : 1x VFR1200 polished/matt 432.23 euro excl VAT + 48 euro ex VAT transport = total 480.23 euro.

So with PayPal that will make 480.23 + 3.4% =TOTAL 496.55 euro

$670 US as of todays exchange rate.

The price went up a few months ago as the DAM is now Euro Type approved; the price reflects the additional engineering that was required to get it through the approval process. If your DAM is pre-approval, apparently they will sell you the parts to upgrade. I am hoping to tour Europe this year and some countries can get a little upset with non-approved exhausts so I may well bite the bullet and do it.

DAM exhaust chart

This is a dyno chart that DAM sent me. Hope this helps - as to the X=Y axis you may need to do some conversion.
First attempt at addding an image.

The price went up a few months ago as the DAM is now Euro Type approved; the price reflects the additional engineering that was required to get it through the approval process. If your DAM is pre-approval, apparently they will sell you the parts to upgrade. I am hoping to tour Europe this year and some countries can get a little upset with non-approved exhausts so I may well bite the bullet and do it.

Oh, I see. I haven't bought one yet, so if I do it looks like I will pay the higher price.

Thanks for the info.

I just put a carbon fiber Jardine slip-on on my 2010. I couldn't be happier with it. You should really consider one if your in the market for an exhaust. You can pick them up new for $360 shipped.

I've fitted a Beowulf Tri-Oval, as their factory is very close to where I live they used my bike to develop a range of cans for the VFR.

The finish is top quality, it sounds fantastic even with the baffle in, it can be used with or without the panniers, the engine runs smoother in the lower rev range and it has a lifetime guarantee, all for around £185 or $290 plus shipping and before you ask, no I don't work for them!

post-24086-0-40971800-1327334525.jpg

post-24086-0-23842600-1327334603.jpg

post-24086-0-28170500-1327334681.jpg

while you are waiting, try disconnecting the cable from the servo motor on stock exhaust... sounds good and breathes a little better... $0 !!!

• 4 weeks later...

I'll be the first to say I really like the stock pipe. I think it is well made and fits the bike perfectly. With that, my wife bought me the Leo carbon pipe last week. I put it on and it has grown on me over the last few days. The exhaust note is much better than the resticted (servo motor) stock sound. It isn't a beast like my Renegade pipe for my old Mille (which were deafening), but it sounds good, somewhat throaty, and definitely will make me more noticable on the street at 0530 each morning. The Leo SBK sticker looks to be an aluminium glue on (not rivets exposed), but I don't know about removal. Honestly, I'm afraid to remove as I might miss it there. Anyway, no sound clip or photo- plenty on youtube. Not sure about performance improvement, if any, either.

• 5 months later...

Okay finally installed my DAM exhaust system, also installed a servo eliminator plug made by Pat (pdfruth) he has made many of these for the guys on newer generation CBR1000's and also makes a gear indicator and speedo adjustment device... fantastic person and it was a plug and play affair

I am wanting to remove the servo motor but get an MIL warning light on the dash. I am guessing you must use this servo eliminator plug to resolve the issue. Where can they be found? Or is there another way to solve the MIL problem?

Thanx!

I am wanting to remove the servo motor but get an MIL warning light on the dash. I am guessing you must use this servo eliminator plug to resolve the issue. Where can they be found? Or is there another way to solve the MIL problem?

Thanx!

It's way easier than that man, just turn the servo back to where it is when it's closed, i.e. the holes in the disc should be pointing directly at the rear of the bike. That way the electronics think it's closed and connected as usual, even if the cable's been removed.

I have the Leo Vince EVOII Carbon Fiber Exhaust with a Z-Bomb and a Power Commander V with the two Brothers map. The bike's power is so smooth now.

I love it even more everytime I go for a ride!! :smile:

Thanx!

It's way easier than that man, just turn the servo back to where it is when it's closed, i.e. the holes in the disc should be pointing directly at the rear of the bike. That way the electronics think it's closed and connected as usual, even if the cable's been removed.

I have already disconnected the cable from the motor...I am wanting to REMOVE the actual motor. When you unplug the connection, that is when the MIL error appears. How can this be corrected is the question. Anybody?

Thanx!

I don't think anyone makes an exhaust servo eliminator device. I know someone sells them for other bikes to get rid of it. But I haven't heard of one being made for our bike.

That being said I'm in for one when they do become available. One less thing to break that isn't being used!

I have the Leo Vince EVOII Carbon Fiber Exhaust with a Z-Bomb and a Power Commander V with the two Brothers map. The bike's power is so smooth now.

I love it even more everytime I go for a ride!! :smile:

I just finished the install of my PCV on the V12. I too, have the Leo Vince pipe, and the Z-bomb.

Along with Heli-bars and Vibranator bar ends, this bike is becoming a pure joy to ride. The PCV has smoothed out the throttle response so much. I'm finally where I want this bike to be. Now, time to put some more miles on her...

• Member Contributer

Here is one more for the collection. Just installed yesterday so this weekend will be the trial run.

Sweeeeeet.

Archived