2012 VFRD SumSum x2 - August 14 – 17th

didit

• Member Contributer

REGISTER HERE: http://sumsumx2.eventbrite.com/

2871786591-2.png

The second all regions Summer Summit meet will be in Montrose, CO. This event is held once every three years, open for all VFRD members to trek to the central US for a few days of riding, meeting old friends and making new ones, putting faces to the members, drinking some great local brewed products, getting tips and taking tricks that others have discovered, all for the enjoyment and riding of our VFRs. The (first) 2009 SumSum was held in Dillon, CO and hosted some 62 bikes ranging from an '84 Interceptor through every model year. At first, many scoffed at how early the information was posted for reservation and registration, then many wept as they waited too long to book time off and missed out on one of the best regarded events. Don't be sorry.

Tuesday to Friday, August 14 – 17th

Host hotel: Best Western Red Arrow 1702 E Main St., Montrose, CO 81401 p: 970-249-9641

A preliminary block of 20 rooms has been registered under the name VFRD at a rate of $89 / night +tax. FCFS - Once filled, a second & third block will be offered at progressive rates. For those who are Best Western Gold Crown Rewards collectors, the hotel will honor a maximum of 2 nights per room booked, for redeeming points to free nights. This is fair trade as we will no doubt have the entire hotel booked. Even better, use them at hotels on your route down. Overflow / optional rooms are available at the Days Inn, not ¼ block down the street. (room deal and contact info to come) Preliminary Itinerary: Tuesday: Arrivals, check in and mingling Wednesday: Day ride, trade & equipment show Thursday: Day ride, evening social, wind up dinner Friday: Departures, day social & rides Event sponsors, details, registration inclusions & method will be coming in the following months. This is the preliminary announcement to commence hotel booking and allow you to arrange suitable time off for travel, meet and return. This thread will grow with information as it becomes available. No need to add your name here as a registration page will be created, most likely through Eventbright.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

OK so some people call me premature BUT im booked :)

Couldnt miss the SUMSUM 2

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

thought i would have been number 2 for booking but was told i was like #8

• Member Contributer

2700 miles roundtrip by the dreaded Interstate. But that is for next summer to deside a route.

As for the GP there is this thing called a PVR.

Of course its something to watch with your VFRD peeps in Montrose as well.

• Member Contributer

Here's what I had in mind, not that I already had it planned (since getting home from the last one, 2 years ago)

http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?msid=208565573039251585085.00048e81a6f649e5d4ac0&msa=0&ll=45.844108,-112.236328&spn=9.949883,26.696777

Somewhere around 2700 km one way. Of course the 2+ weeks following the meet will take me down through Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, a tip of Arizona, back across Nevada and to hit Hwy 41 again in the bottom 1/3 of California.

All round about should be 5-7000 km or more. Only 340 more days.

Sounds like the rooms are going fast. I'll have to call and see about the second block timing & price.

I'm in! Room booked!..... I was told by the early morning, half awake person at the desk that I was the first person to reserve in the block of 20..... Not sure if that is correct or not.

Plan ahead, people.

Didit runs a First Class operation on these meets. I love the mid-week dates.... makes it easy to travel an not eat up two work weeks.

Now I just need to arrange vacation with my boss.

• Member Contributer

I'd love to come have to wait until the new year before I can say for sure. Thinking maybe I'll put the bike on the trailler, the car has better A/C than the bike at about the same fuel milage.

• Member Contributer

Booked mine. Agent told me I'm #2 in the block, so a/o 9.7.11 18 remain. It took a bit of explaining for her to understand it was a block reservation - and she had a hard time with it being letters rather than a name - but with a little patience she finally found it and quoted the correct rate. Only 1,200 miles each way . . . my a$$ already hurts . . . (but it's a good hurt). :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

Ya they have trouble seeing other block reservations too, but yesterday when we booked there was already 8-9 done. so we have to be around 12-15 rooms taken already WOO WOO

• Member Contributer

I am booked as of now ,got the kitchen pass all worked out already just spent most of my brownie points to get to go .

Archived