Clear Clutch Window

Veefer800Canuck

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

had a visit from Mr. Postman. (protective paper still on Lexan) Now......how do I ugly this thing up?????

004-14.jpg

008-17.jpg

009-6.jpg

I would love to do it up in that fake magnesium bronze finish that is on the case covers of the 2nd gens, but I doubt I could fins that colour anyway. I thinl I'll just blast off the paint and clearcoat the ally.

Guest 82ndGreasemonkey

Got word from Seb that he shipped mine back to me yesterday- :bliss:

So I stopped by fastenall for stainless harware & found out they only sell it in bulk... Anyway, if any of you are interested in M6 x 1 x 25/30 stainless hex head cap screws for the cover and for the clutch pressureplate bolts let me know...

Hey V8C and Timmy- what is the best way to prep the cover for paint with the oil window still in it? I'm worried about the effect solvents may have on the clear window and window seal.

Guest New2This

This is such an amazing mod it would look killer on a streetfighter IMO. It's probably not in my budget at the moment but I would love to get some details on it for future reference

Got word from Seb that he shipped mine back to me yesterday- :bliss:

So I stopped by fastenall for stainless harware & found out they only sell it in bulk... Anyway, if any of you are interested in M6 x 1 x 25/30 stainless hex head cap screws for the cover and for the clutch pressureplate bolts let me know...

Hey V8C and Timmy- what is the best way to prep the cover for paint with the oil window still in it? I'm worried about the effect solvents may have on the clear window and window seal.

Wouldn't you want to dis-assemble the cover so you don't paint the ring and the bolts?? I would honestly dis-assemble the thing anyway even if you are intending to paint the ring and bolts so you may have a prayer of dis-assembly later without destroying your entire paint job.

Guest 82ndGreasemonkey

Wouldn't you want to dis-assemble the cover so you don't paint the ring and the bolts?? I would honestly dis-assemble the thing anyway even if you are intending to paint the ring and bolts so you may have a prayer of dis-assembly later without destroying your entire paint job.

:blink: Dude.... The ring is getting sent for powder coat... I'm talking about the little window you look at your oil level through. I don't wanna screw it up prepping the big enchilada for it's finish coat

For paint or powder, the best thing you can do is tape off the sight glass and the seal surfaces, and glass bead or sandblast the surface to be painted. Then thoroughly clean the part and prime/paint.

All I did was clean the cover with varsol (think about it, the oil window is bathed in oil all day, and it's fine with that, and varsol isn't far from oil).

After that, hot soapy water and rInse/let dry. Then paint.

Guest 82ndGreasemonkey

All I did was clean the cover with varsol (think about it, the oil window is bathed in oil all day, and it's fine with that, and varsol isn't far from oil).

After that, hot soapy water and rInse/let dry. Then paint.

THAT is exactly what I was lookin for. Thanks V8C

:blink: Dude.... The ring is getting sent for powder coat... I'm talking about the little window you look at your oil level through. I don't wanna screw it up prepping the big enchilada for it's finish coat

I, am a retard, I apologise for my retardedness now.............

• 5 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Got mine yesterday!

Started it last night, but it'll be a few more days til the pressure plate is finished at the P/C shop.

Got any pics of the finished install?

• 6 months later...

Just looking at it in the garage again tonight, and it's looking as good as the day I installed it. Good work that Seb. :cheerleader:

No leaks either!!! (the warranty period is up now, so I just jinxed myself)

Taken today:

IMG 1759

IMG 1758

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mikethaninefive

Holy crap that's cool! If I catch an outage this spring I'm definitely in! Veefer- where did you get the carbon exhaust shield thing? Sorry, I only know the technical term of it and not the "street name" lol

• 2 months later...