GoPro

Monk

I have the silencer, but since Jimmy told me how to quieten my unit down I haven't used it yet.

I did two things, Jimmy said, Put two pieces of electric tape on the back of my battery(between batt/and cover holder)...... one piece on the base before clicking together.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest backonabike69

Here's my 1st attempt at posting a home made video. I'm working on getting rid of the bouncing and weird noises, and I have much better roads than this. One thing nice about this area of the country, is the lack of traffic on most back roads.

Great job for your first attempt and what a great road.

Just watched Vid 2, looks great, gotta get me one of those.

Thx. I just came from my garage, working on a new mounting location. It was suggested that I should find a place so part of my bike is being registered by the cameras' automated syncretisation thingy. So I was trying to set it up so I can get in the pic's frame what I'd like to see if I were watching a video. I want to see the signals/rpm/speed and if I get it closer to me it might get some lever action..... I'll give it a run tomorrow.

I'm using the suc-cup with a few extentions mounted close to the r-centre of the tank. ... If the noise/view work. I'll at least know where I want it, and if it bounces I'll have to come up with a more sturdy mount if needed.

These two tapes are a test for sound and view, I'd like any input on what you think. It was suggested to put the bike in view. I'd like to show the instrument cluster as well as trying to get the hands in the pic but it doesn't seem to get low enough for the hands without losing the esthetics of the whole view. I'm using r3 with these shots.

I mounted the GoPro with the suc-cup near the middle of the tank and up against the tank bag(also tethered tight to the bag) to check the movement.

I'm hearing a sound that I think is not related to the GP mount, but the mc working parts or panels, etc. (I'm not concerned but curious).

Any placement suggestions for showing the instrument cluster; Closer/lower/higher(more movement)/r-settings/etc.

If I were to just cut off the shutter button while riding in order to shorten the editing time...... Does it still eat as much battery as if it were running?

I know it can be programmed for one button... But that seems to involve shutting the camera off...Which is more time consuming and harder to tell if it's back on while riding.

I mounted the GoPro with the suc-cup near the middle of the tank and up against the tank bag(also tethered tight to the bag) to check the movement.

I'm hearing a sound that I think is not related to the GP mount, but the mc working parts or panels, etc. (I'm not concerned but curious).

I've discovered a few things that the cameras sound does, makes a good audio tool for finding noises....... In this case I went for a ride only wearing a half helmet and no air plugs, armed with the sounds I heard on the GoPro I rode while trying to figure out what I was hearing..... One was the cam-chain(which sounds fine)..... the other was body plastics...

Problems/lack of, solved.

I like A 48 better. you see less of your tank bag and more dashboard. :fing02:

Thx........ Also do you like having the bike in or out of the frame, all together?

Thx........ Also do you like having the bike in or out of the frame, all together?

I like some of the bike in the frame.

Here is a video I made of some different roads in the area(working on putting clips together, and adding music).

There's no music on this one(because of copywrite crap, I would have had to use YouTubes' canned music which doesn't have any thing I like..... So just turn on some music you like while watching :beer: )

I thought the music you had in there was just about perfect. :musik20:

I'd rather not have music either, I just wanted to learn how to mix it(which I did, it just wasn't excepted) At some point you'd think these artist would want the free exposure, widens the audience field.

Have you ever heard of John Prine....."Illegal smile","Dear Abby","Half a inch of water and you think you're going to drown" ?

I like some of the bike in the frame.

Thx...... I'll keep an eye on what others are doing.

Looks good John, sound comes out nicely, and picture looks good.

Still using Windows Movie maker to edit the videos.

Yep....... WMM.... I got the hang of it.

• Member Contributer
In case you don't know what the red thingy Timmy is talking about.. its coming with all the new cameras and accesories for 2011. mine have all been white rubber, haven't seen the red one yet, but acts as a lock once you slide the camera on to mount. they stop the camera from shaking and causing a click noise on all your videos.

P1040087-2.15682607_std.jpg

Mork if you figure out how to cut back the whine of the engine and make is sound more like a bike and less like a 2 stroke blender let me know.

THAT'S WHAT THAT'S FOR?!?!?!?!?! :comp13:

AHHHH....thanks! I had no idea. :cheerleader:

FrankoQ ...

Looks and sounds good except for the "Rice Krispies".......... Which can be taken care of by going back to post #17, & 23 of this thread and follow Tim&Dave's suggestions.

Now what setting were you using? I've been using r3(Dave's recommendation). And can I see a pic of your mounting attachments?

• Member Contributer

Good work with the Videos and the Mounting Monk.

I have been debating using a string or something as a saftey rope incase the mount gave out.

I have only used my GoPro once....I took a 1Hour and 45min long video of a series of roads I took on a long 10 hour day ride.

I mounted the Camera to the Tank using the Large Suction cup. I then went home and editted it using Windows Movie maker.

I left it on the default Video setting and plugging the GoPro Directly into my HD TV the video looks crisp and very nice.

I made 2 short clips using Movie maker but I used the "recommended settings" when i went to save it and I should have used the "HD Settings" instead. Quality isn't as good now.

Good work with the Videos and the Mounting Monk.

I have been debating using a string or something as a saftey rope incase the mount gave out.

I have only used my GoPro once....I took a 1Hour and 45min long video of a series of roads I took on a long 10 hour day ride.

I mounted the Camera to the Tank using the Large Suction cup. I then went home and editted it using Windows Movie maker.

I left it on the default Video setting and plugging the GoPro Directly into my HD TV the video looks crisp and very nice.

I made 2 short clips using Movie maker but I used the "recommended settings" when i went to save it and I should have used the "HD Settings" instead. Quality isn't as good now.

Looks good..... Were you using the open back of your GoPro ? I could hear some wind noise, I've been using the closed back.

FrankoQ ...

Looks and sounds good except for the "Rice Krispies".......... Which can be taken care of by going back to post #17, & 23 of this thread and follow Tim&Dave's suggestions.

Now what setting were you using? I've been using r3(Dave's recommendation). And can I see a pic of your mounting attachments?

Thanks. I will do those suggestions to take care of the rice krispies. lol.

I was using r5 for this test. I'll try r3 and see how it looks.

For mounting, I'm using Ram mounts as follows:

for low angle on the left side:

IMG_0754.jpg

For setting the camera to video the rider or forward facing:

IMG_0750.jpg

I also need to fix the shaky video. Yours do not have that.

Don't worry about using r3 if you are using r5..... I can't use r5 because I haven't been able to use/edit r5 with "Windows Movie Maker" ....... What are you using to edit?

As for the shakes, I've been keeping my mounts short, I tried a semi longer one on the tank, but strapped the upper portion to my tankbag to absorb the shakes.

Archived