GoPro

Monk

• Member Contributer

Does is not vibrate alot ?

IDK. I haven't actually ridden with it yet. I tried a Ram mount off my clip-on with a long arm to make it over my tinted windscreen last year and couldn't stand the vibration with that set-up. This one seems more sturdy, but won't know for sure until I try it.

I know others have made brackets to attach to the passenger pegs, so hopefully this one works okay.

Sorry just now seen your question. It of course depends on the road but mine is not bad at all ..

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Monk, I bought the same one this weekend. Playing around with it in the house, I like the 1080 x 48 fps, medium angle. Going to try those settings on the bike this weekend...

Ugh! Already ordered about $100 of accessories on Amazon! I got mine for $299 at Best Buy this weekend. What did you pay?

Monk, I bought the same one this weekend. Playing around with it in the house, I like the 1080 x 48 fps, medium angle. Going to try those settings on the bike this weekend...

Ugh! Already ordered about $100 of accessories on Amazon! I got mine for $299 at Best Buy this weekend. What did you pay?

About $325 and got the remote with it..........

I'm trying to get away from mp4 so I can use windows movie maker....... how are you dealing with that?

• Member Contributer

About $325 and got the remote with it..........

I'm trying to get away from mp4 so I can use windows movie maker....... how are you dealing with that?

Yeah, I got the remote too in the Hero 3 Black Ed. package. By the time I paid tax, we paid the same. I have not begun to edit yet. I just was learning how to operate the camera, sync the remote, update the firmware, etc this weekend. I'll play with some editing next.

Have you used the GoPro Studio 2.0 to convert the MP4 to another format?

• 2 years later...

Ok boys, had a happy fathers day and got a GoPro, a basic GoPro, not 3 or4....I know, not the best but still better than not a action camera at all. I wounder if anyone has used the cuped sticker mount on a helmet? Does it hold? Anyway I have a very first model GoPro, the one that use battery's and don't work that well or at all actually, but the mounts I have will fit and that's a bonus I think

• Member Contributer

Ok boys, had a happy fathers day and got a GoPro, a basic GoPro, not 3 or4....I know, not the best but still better than not a action camera at all. I wounder if anyone has used the cuped sticker mount on a helmet? Does it hold? Anyway I have a very first model GoPro, the one that use battery's and don't work that well or at all actually, but the mounts I have will fit and that's a bonus I think

I have seen the GoPro mounted on the helmet dozens of times. And most times when replayed the camera angle is all wrong and most of the video is of the gas tank.

• Member Contributer

I prefer a side mount to on top of the helmet - seems to give more of a rider's eye view and doesn't look so odd. If using a suction cup it might be a good idea to have a lanyard on it in case the suction lets go.

I do have a suction mount, but was thinking of a mount whit a sticker/tape for the helmet. Thanks for the input and ideas

• Member Contributer

From what I have seen on youtube, the chest harness seems to give a pretty good angle. No actual experience with one though.

• Member Contributer

From what I have seen on youtube, the chest harness seems to give a pretty good angle. No actual experience with one though.

And Walmart sells the chest strap here.

Archived