My modified VFR

Guest vfr750gaz

Guest vfr750gaz

post-22571-0-03747200-1304262276_thumb.j

I have visited this forum on lots of occasions, but never got around to registering.
After looking at quite a few of the Frankenviffer threads i thought i would show my bike.
Its quite a collection of honda parts you will see.
Due to my work, its taken me alot longer than i would have liked to get it to its current build level.
Anyway its basically a VFR750 frame and engine of 1996 era with CBR1000RR forks, cbr900rrx swinging arm, VTR1000 wheels and cbr600rr seat unit plus loads of one off parts.

post-22571-0-76528100-1304262334_thumb.j

• Member Contributer

Welcone to VFRD from across the Norht Sea

A super looking Ãœber-Frankenviffer :fing02:

information on how you got that swingarm on that bike would be VERY VERY VERY appreciated. please share it with us!

and where did that set of gauges come from? did u get them off of ebay from china? because it does NOT look like a koso setup, no shift light

Guest vfrrider

OK, I can get behind the swingarm, etc, but I have a concern about those oil lines. They stick out very far. Maybe a 90 fitting and run them near the radiator or something?

And maybe some mirrors and turn signals? Or combined?

I'm not really into the naked look, but nice clean job anyway.

Larry

VFRrider

Edited by vfrrider

Guest vfr750gaz

information on how you got that swingarm on that bike would be VERY VERY VERY appreciated. please share it with us!

The swinging arm fits straight into the frame once 12mm has been trimmed from the righthand inside of the frame. I used cbr900rrx linkage plates and dogbones and they all bolted on with no mods.

Really quite a straightforward convertion. the hard part is getting the exhaust routed through the swinging arm beside the shocker.

Guest vfr750gaz

OK, I can get behind the swingarm, etc, but I have a concern about those oil lines. They stick out very far. Maybe a 90 fitting and run them near the radiator or something?

And maybe some mirrors and turn signals? Or combined?

I'm not really into the naked look, but nice clean job anyway.

Larry

VFRrider

Hi Larry, thanks for the concern about the oil cooler lines. i have got a bracket to fit to the righthand oil line, but it wasnt fitted in the photos as i'm still finishing bits and pieces off.

Guest vfr750gaz

and where did that set of gauges come from? did u get them off of ebay from china? because it does NOT look like a koso setup, no shift light

The clocks are from Dan moto in china, but are on the to get changed list as they wont work with the VFR loom. i have another set of clocks on the way that are koso ones but not the same style.......hopefully these will resolve the issues i have at the minute.

The swinging arm fits straight into the frame once 12mm has been trimmed from the righthand inside of the frame. I used cbr900rrx linkage plates and dogbones and they all bolted on with no mods.

Really quite a straightforward convertion. the hard part is getting the exhaust routed through the swinging arm beside the shocker.

do u have any pictures of this modification? i am concerned about the strength of the frame where the adjuster goes into it.

does this offset the swingarm enough that u have to change around the rear wheel spacers?

Guest vfr750gaz

do u have any pictures of this modification? i am concerned about the strength of the frame where the adjuster goes into it.

does this offset the swingarm enough that u have to change around the rear wheel spacers?

Hi,

Sorry i dont have any pics of the modification. Theres no way the strength of the frame is compromised as the threaded adjuster has more than enough meat on it to tolerate having the 12mm removed from it. I have an early fireblade and its adjuster is much narrower as standard.

The wheel fits straight in using the standard wheel spacers etc and runs central in the frame without mods.

Hi,

Sorry i dont have any pics of the modification. Theres no way the strength of the frame is compromised as the threaded adjuster has more than enough meat on it to tolerate having the 12mm removed from it. I have an early fireblade and its adjuster is much narrower as standard.

The wheel fits straight in using the standard wheel spacers etc and runs central in the frame without mods.

did u use the 900rr swingarm pivot bolt and frame adjuster? how did you remove the 12mm from the frame and keep it perpendicular to the pivot shaft?

can you take some closer pictures of the exhaust and shock area please?

Guest vfr750gaz

Hi,

did u use the 900rr swingarm pivot bolt and frame adjuster? how did you remove the 12mm from the frame and keep it perpendicular to the pivot shaft?

You can use the standard pivot bolt, but the adjuster will need shortened to suit the mod. i hacksawed 10mm from the inside of the frame and used a facing tool a madrel that was a snug fit in the pivot bolt holes to clean the last 2mm off.

As for pics of the exhaust and shock area.....i will try and take some, but it wont help you carry out the work to be honest as the rear cylinders headers are entirely dependant on the exhaust your using.

Hi,

You can use the standard pivot bolt, but the adjuster will need shortened to suit the mod. i hacksawed 10mm from the inside of the frame and used a facing tool a madrel that was a snug fit in the pivot bolt holes to clean the last 2mm off.

As for pics of the exhaust and shock area.....i will try and take some, but it wont help you carry out the work to be honest as the rear cylinders headers are entirely dependant on the exhaust your using.

U didnt have to move the shock pivot on the swingarm at all?

Guest vfr750gaz

Hi,

U didnt have to move the shock pivot on the swingarm at all?

The shock pivot point on the swinging arm matches up perfectly. Thats why the vfr swinging arm into a fireblade is so easy (all offsets and distances are the same).

Nice work gaz, looks great! I like it a lot, except the headlights... they're a bit high.

What brand of front rotors are you running?

& is there any chance you can post a nice sound clip for us? :musik20:

Guest vfr750gaz

Nice work gaz, looks great! I like it a lot, except the headlights... they're a bit high.

What brand of front rotors are you running?

& is there any chance you can post a nice sound clip for us? :musik20:

I guess the headlight height is down to personal preference and i like them where they are.

The front rotors are PFM supersport discs that were originally intended to go on a CBR900RRX (310mm diameter).............I had alot of work to do in order to get these to fit both the wheel and the forks.

The PCD for mounts were correct, but the centre hole was slightly too big and then i had to space them out by 4mm per side to bring them into the centre of the radial calipers.......all sorted now though.

I could do a video of the bike running, but unless i can borrow an expensive mic then it wont do the bike justice..............but i will say it sounds like no VFR i have ever heard before!