Replacement brake pads VFR 800 6th gen

justsky

• Member Contributer

Hello guys!

I'm going to change my front brake pads at some point and simply wanted to figure out which ones to buy. There are so many brands on the market and I have some doubts concerning the quality of some of the products offered on eBay.

What about these Gold Fren Ceramic Carbon brake pads? Has anyone bought them? Any comments / suggestions? The name of the product sounds weird if not to say more...ceramic and carbon (brake pads!). I think, if it was true we would change brake discs more often than those brake pads :blush:

I'm from Europe, so may be anyone could suggest a good local contact?

Thanks! :fing02:

Welcome.........

I know from watching car racing(TV) that ceramic pads, and or ceramic disc are the newest thing. Hopefully someone on here will know more...... Good question.

I shopped them all, (I think) and decided to use the factory pads. They are "HH" rated, they had the correct shim package on the three different pads, they were priced was less than the aftermarket sets (my dealer matched online prices) and they have performed beautifully on the street and the track . You will receive lots of feedback on here about the about the EBC pads, I am sure those are great. On my last bike I used Galfers and liked them as well.

• Member Contributer

Welcome and it hard to beat EBC pads. I have tried the new compounds on my mustang and have went back to semi metallic. I think bikes would be the same. Factory pads are very good but I like EBC for a bit longer life.

• Member Contributer

Welcome and it hard to beat EBC pads. I have tried the new compounds on my mustang and have went back to semi metallic. I think bikes would be the same. Factory pads are very good but I like EBC for a bit longer life.

Thanks dude! :fing02: I ordered a set of EBC pads last week. According to the feedback I've heard they are pretty good quality / price wise.

Thanks dude! :fing02: I ordered a set of EBC pads last week. According to the feedback I've heard they are pretty good quality / price wise.

I think in the search for the best pad, it seems that cleaning the rotors on a regular basis is often forgotten(using brake cleaner, I tried electric cleaner once when I was out, but it still had a film on them).......... Makes a lot of difference.

• Member Contributer

I think in the search for the best pad, it seems that cleaning the rotors on a regular basis is often forgotten(using brake cleaner, I tried electric cleaner once when I was out, but it still had a film on them).......... Makes a lot of difference.

What about WD-40 than? On the bottle it says that it has cleaning, rust preventive and lube properties :huh:

Lubricate the rotors? Really? Think about it, the WD-40 prevents rust by leaving a film of oil, etc.. Brake cleaner makes the surface free of all oil and other unwanted stuff. The brakes work when the only contact is pad to rotor. WD-40 would be a suicide play.

Lubricate the rotors? Really? Think about it, the WD-40 prevents rust by leaving a film of oil, etc.. Brake cleaner makes the surface free of all oil and other unwanted stuff. The brakes work when the only contact is pad to rotor. WD-40 would be a suicide play.

+-1.......NO !

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Hello guys!

I'm going to change my front brake pads at some point and simply wanted to figure out which ones to buy. There are so many brands on the market and I have some doubts concerning the quality of some of the products offered on eBay.

What about these Gold Fren Ceramic Carbon brake pads? Has anyone bought them? Any comments / suggestions? The name of the product sounds weird if not to say more...ceramic and carbon (brake pads!). I think, if it was true we would change brake discs more often than those brake pads :blush:

I'm from Europe, so may be anyone could suggest a good local contact?

Thanks! :fing02:

Worth a look

http://www.metalgear.com.au/

• Member Contributer

At what mileage are we replacing these?? I guess it depends on riding abilities too.

cheers,

Terry

Archived