• Yes
    • No
    • Need more info
    • Let HS decide

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Some Crossrunner specs from Hell for Leather.

"To power this contraption, Honda has developed a new version of its VTEC-equipped 782cc, quad-cam V4 that develops 100bhp at 10,000rpm and 54lb/ft of torque at 9,500rpm. That powers a bike that weighs 240.4kg/530lbs (wet). It uses chain final drive and a single-sided swingarm."

Edit . Changed the Title of the Thread to CrossRunner

• Member Contributer

Best list of Specs so far.

http://bikerholic.com/2010/11/02/2011-honda-crossrunner-abs-revealed/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Bikerholiccom+%28bikerholic.com%29

Engine

Type Liquid-cooled 4-stroke 16-valve DOHC 90° V-4

Displacement 782cm3

Bore x Stroke 72 x 48mm

Compression Ratio 11.6: 1

Max. Power Output 74.9kW/10,000min-1 (95/1/EC)

Max. Torque 72.8Nm/9,500min-1 (95/1/EC)

Idling Speed 1,200min-1

Oil Capacity 3.8litres

Fuel System

Carburation PGM-FI electronic fuel injection

Throttle Bore 36mm

Aircleaner Oil-permeated, cartridge-type paper filter

Fuel Tank Capacity 21.5litres

Electrical System

Ignition System Computer-controlled digital transistorised with electronic advance

Ignition Timing 8° BTDC (idle) ~ 50° BTDC (1200min-1)

Sparkplug Type IMR9D-9H (NGK); VNH27Z (DENSO)

Starter Electric

Battery Capacity 12V/11AH (YTZ-12S)

ACG Output 386W

Headlight 12V, 55W x 1 (low)/55W x 1 (high)

Drivetrain

Clutch Wet, multiplate with coil springs

Clutch Operation Hydraulic

Transmission Type Constant mesh 6-speed

Primary Reduction 1.934 (64/33)

Gear Ratios 1 2.846 (37/13)

2 2.062 (33/16)

3 1.578 (30/19)

4 1.291 (31/24)

5 1.111 (30/27)

6 0.965 (28/29)

Final Reduction 2.687 (43/16)

Final Drive O-ring sealed chain

Frame

Type Diamond; aluminium twin-spar; pivotless

Chassis

Dimensions (LxWxH) 2,130 x 799 x 1,243mm

Wheelbase 1,464mm

Caster Angle 25° 45′

Trail 96mm

Turning Radius 2.8m

Seat Height 816mm

Ground Clearance 140mm

Kerb Weight 240.4kg (F: 115.2kg; R: 125.2kg)

Suspension

Type Front 43mm cartridge-type telescopic fork with stepless preload adjustment, 108mm axle travel

Rear Pro-Link with gas-charged HMAS damper, 7-step preload and stepless rebound damping adjustment, 119mm axle travel

Wheels

Type Front 6-spoke cast aluminium

Rear 5-spoke cast aluminium

Rim Size Front 17M/C x MT3.5

Rear 17M/C x MT5.5

Tyre Size Front 120/70-R17M/C

Rear 180/55-R17M/C ()

Tyre Pressure Front 225kPa

Rear 250kPa

Brakes

Type Front 296mm dual floating hydraulic disc with 3-piston calipers, C-ABS and sintered metal pads

Rear 256mm hydraulic disc with 2-piston caliper, C-ABS and sintered metal pads

• Member Contributer

Optional Equipment

Honda Access Europe will be providing a range of tailored optional accessories for the Crossrunner. These have been created alongside the bike and are designed to complement its styling, comfort and versatility. The accessories include:

29-litre pannier kit. Operated with the motorcycle key, the panniers are aerodynamically shaped and easily detachable. The left pannier can hold one full-face helmet

Sleek 31-litre top box featuring a locking, quick-detach mounting system. Operated with the motorcycle key, the top box can hold a full-face helmet with room for other luggage

Tough and stylish polyester and vinyl inner bags for the top box and panniers. These are black with a Honda Wing logo, and come with carrying straps and handles. As an extra convenience feature, the pannier inner bags can be zipped together for easy carrying

Higher windscreen that offers extended wind protection for taller riders.

Pair of slim heated grips with an integrated controller for maximum comfort and compact design integration

Set of two fairing deflectors, offering increased wind protection

Mainstand that makes rear wheel maintenance easier and provides more secure parking on uneven surfaces

12V DC socket for powering additional electrical equipment

An outdoor motorcycle cover that protects the paintwork from UV rays. The fabric is water-resistant and breathable, allowing the bike to dry while parked. A rope is included to tighten the cover and prevent fluttering in the wind. There are two holes in the front to allow use of a U-lock

A U-lock and an Averto alarm kit. The alarm has an 118dB siren, a shock detector with 8 sensitivity settings and features a sleep mode to help prevent the battery from draining. Connectors and pre-wiring are included.

• Member Contributer

Crosstour looks kinda cool, but I'm definitely not feeling the Crossrunner. It will probably sell better than the 6th gen though. Would be nice if they did an "end of the line" version of the VTEC with upgraded suspension etc., kinda like Triumph is doing with the Daytona.

@BonusVFR: Tomorrow Honad will launch a wbsite with more details on all 2011 models.

Would be nice if they did an "end of the line" version of the VTEC with upgraded suspension etc., kinda like Triumph is doing with the Daytona.

Is the Daytone reaching EOL? That's a shame as it sure is a beauty.

• Member Contributer

@BonusVFR: Tomorrow Honad will launch a wbsite with more details on all 2011 models.

Would be nice if they did an "end of the line" version of the VTEC with upgraded suspension etc., kinda like Triumph is doing with the Daytona.

Like the new bike .....................should I close the voting now?

• Member Contributer

I wasn't too sure with the sketches, but now that I've seen real pics, I kinda like it. It's not my thing, I love my 6th Gen, but for somebody who wants something a little more upright, it's cool. And they say the pillion seat is flatter, wider, more comfortable (shh, can't let the wife see that ).

I would prefer a taller, more useful windscreen. i see that Honda offers one, along with matching bags. I love that the bags use the same key as the ignition. It's a pain to have separate keys.

• Member Contributer

Optional Equipment

Honda Access Europe will be providing a range of tailored optional accessories for the Crossrunner.

Honda Access Europe, eh? Guess that means we won't see it in the states. Not surprised...

• Member Contributer

From what I've heard there should be a brand new Daytona in the next year or two. The 2011 model will mark the 6th year it has been in production, thats a long time for a supersport! I really want that Daytona R in the meantime though!

• Member Contributer

m1azph7s0pgr_ml.jpg

01.jpg

So what Gen are they gunna both be? Do they even get a Gen number if they're not an Interceptor? :blink:

• Member Contributer

So what Gen are they gunna both be? Do they even get a Gen number if they're not an Interceptor? :blink:

I vote for calling the CrossRunner a 6th gen and the CrossTourer a 7th gen because that's the powerplant under the bodywork.

Remember the 1st gen had a lot of different models with different sizes and configurations, but we called them all 1st gen.

• Member Contributer

I vote for calling the CrossRunner a 6th gen and the CrossTourer a 7th gen because that's the powerplant under the bodywork.

Remember the 1st gen had a lot of different models with different sizes and configurations, but we called them all 1st gen.

Be interesting to see what the VTec changes are......maybe real performance and economy???

More off roading :laughing6-hehe:

110210-2011-honda-crossrunner-17.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=TMP_SESSION_ID_DI_NOISSES_PMT

I'm not sure I would call it a 6th gen... I don't think it has the VTEC.

I think it would be worth moving beyond the 1-7 gen classifications with all the new V4 Hondas coming out. Make a category of "V4 Crossovers" which contains both the Crossrunner and Crosstourer subcategories.

• Member Contributer

I'm not sure I would call it a 6th gen... I don't think it has the VTEC.

I think it would be worth moving beyond the 1-7 gen classifications with all the new V4 Hondas coming out. Make a category of "V4 Crossovers" which contains both the Crossrunner and Crosstourer subcategories.

I think it may have a modified Vtec but I think you are on to something with your category.

• Member Contributer

More off roading :laughing6-hehe:

110210-2011-honda-crossrunner-17.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=TMP_SESSION_ID_DI_NOISSES_PMT

I would say it has exactly the same off-road capability as a Multistrada 1200... (none)

I think the Strada may have more suspension travel but the same off road manners..............................None :fing02:

• Member Contributer

This bike is weird. It's basically a VFR800 with different bodywork and spoked wheels! Does anyone know if the suspension travel has changed?

Oh, and if they ever release this bike with USD forks we are are SET! They should just drop right in. :-)

• Member Contributer

This bike is weird. It's basically a VFR800 with different bodywork and spoked wheels! Does anyone know if the suspension travel has changed?

Oh, and if they ever release this bike with USD forks we are are SET! They should just drop right in. :-)

Looks like suspension travel is about the same as a 5 or 6th gen - 108mm front and 119 rear.

• Member Contributer

Cast wheels.

The CrossTour has spokes.

Glenn

• Member Contributer

Am I reading the OP question wrong? Isn't the question about whether this "thing" will have a category in the list of VFR models? Is having a Honda V4 all that's required to be VFRD "worthy"? What happens when the V4 generators come out? Will they earn a spot on the VFRD calender? If it doesn't say VF,VFR or Interceptor, then there are probably plenty of other forums for it to hide out in. Maybe a forum for poor selling models.

Archived