6th Gen OEM Luggage Installation Guide

bryan217

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Hi guys

I was wondering if someone can help me out

im I need of a plate that goes behind the number plate that would secure these oem panniers

Maybe someone is kind enough to scan me there plate I'll get someone to make them up for me.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys

I was wondering if someone can help me out

im I need of a plate that goes behind the number plate that would secure these oem panniers

Maybe someone is kind enough to scan me there plate I'll get someone to make them up for me.

I'm kinda in the same boat. Bought a used set of luggage and it came with everything but the under-fender mounting brackets and the license plate bracket that ties both sides together. Anybody know if those parts are available or of another way to source them?

I just use the two top bolts (with spacer) on the grab bars on each side and the bolt to each passenger peg bracket.

Granted I don't carry a lot of weight in it, but no bouncing, rubbing or bent brackets, and they come off/on in about 5 minutes.

I think I probably use mine to store my helmet/jacket more than anything though.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys - is it just me that cannot view the images in the OP? I'm completely renovating my '02 VTEC (and fitting an Fi engine at the same time) and will be fitting the pannier kit in a couple of weeks. 

I don't seem to have bracket C either, as per post #4, and not sure if there are supposed to be spacers in between the rear subframe and pillion pegs or not.

Any assistance (especially photos!) will be very much appreciated.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Loftust said:

Hi guys - is it just me that cannot view the images in the OP? I'm completely renovating my '02 VTEC (and fitting an Fi engine at the same time) and will be fitting the pannier kit in a couple of weeks. 

I don't seem to have bracket C either, as per post #4, and not sure if there are supposed to be spacers in between the rear subframe and pillion pegs or not.

Any assistance (especially photos!) will be very much appreciated.

The OP is from 2010 so I suspect the pics have been purged from the server.

• Member Contributer

It has been a long time since I installed mine, but looking at post 4, it appears that bracket C is just a means for refitting two bolts to plug unused holes.  I think you could substitute washers and nuts to accomplish the same thing. 

• Member Contributer

I didn't realize the pics don't show anymore. I'll have to dig around and see if I still have them somewhere. If I find them, I'll re-post them.

Thanks chaps - very helpful. 

Conedodger - whilst contemplating the purpose of bracket C earlier today, I came to the same conclusion. The original plate bracket (which should be discarded during pannier mount installation) has four upper fixtures, whereas the stronger replacement only uses two of these; bracket C therefore fills the rectangular-ish shaped hole that is now present in the undertray. I'll knock something up to fill the hole as I don't think the bike has ever had bracket C fitted, but I'll check the old (and broken) undertray first. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived