Pics of custom painted VFR's

Guest danmurphymn

Guest danmurphymn

Have any of you custom painted your bikes or have pictures of other VFR's custom painted? I'd like to see ideas for future projects.

• Member Contributer

Have any of you custom painted your bikes or have pictures of other VFR's custom painted? I'd like to see ideas for future projects.

Welcome!

Do a search or two on the site. There are some pretty cool custom paint jobs here. There is a tread or two full of custom paint (which I think should be made a sticky gallery for the main page).

• Member Contributer

Yoshi put together some nice pics, some real, some not. good place to start.

Paint pics

• Member Contributer

I used Rustoleum truck bed liner on the frame and lower controls. The finish came out very uniform and has so far held up very well with no flaking, cracking, peeling etc.

And yes, those are straight open pipes... :wheel:

• Member Contributer

Alien, I think what we need next is a sound grab off of that bike ripping by..... :wheel:

I used Rustoleum truck bed liner on the frame and lower controls. The finish came out very uniform and has so far held up very well with no flaking, cracking, peeling etc.

And yes, those are straight open pipes... :wheel:

It looks great, not too glossy...just right. Did you just remove plastics and tape? Did you put on a clear coat?

• Member Contributer

I don't know what generation you're considering but here's some nice 4gen solid colors. The first three are stock but not available in the USA. The white is custom:

gallery_611_2287_18312.jpg

silver.jpg

gallery_611_2287_24476.jpg

black3.jpg

gallery_611_2287_26376.jpg

bluevfr.jpg

gallery_611_2287_69224.jpg

white 4gen

I painted my first vtec (6gen) myself. The white was shot with spray bombs that didn't hold up to road wear.

gallery_611_303_46020.jpg

gallery_611_303_57199.jpg

gallery_611_303_37195.jpg

gallery_611_303_71630.jpg

Custom D&D pipes

• Member Contributer

For anyone with questions about paint and exhaust on my bike, do a search for threads started by me. I wrote some detailed threads about all the mods I've done.

...and thanks for the compliments. This is my 16th bike, and the one I've put the most miles and mods into, which just shows that it's the best bike I've ever owned.

Long live the RC46!

• Member Contributer

Not sure if you have a gen in mind, or just culminating ideas,.... Mine is not so much different paint, as it is more or less in areas.

100_0194.jpg

Copyof100_0131.jpg

100_4442.jpg

• 5 years later...
  • Member Contributer

Not for everyone. Not even paint. A one off decal kit. This is not photoshopped. That is 3M reflective stuff on there

post-16636-0-99668300-1433742143.jpg

post-16636-0-43432300-1433742275.jpg

post-16636-0-19649700-1433742362.jpg

Archived