Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha And Suzuki Shock Length's

redmarque

• Member Contributer

Just posted this in the VFRD download section: shock_length_chart.zip file is in Excel format

1 for the shock fiddlers out there! Not sure of the original author but much credit to them!

Covers most modern Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha and Suzuki shocks length and stroke.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.p...amp;showfile=83

Has 5th-6th Gen VFR dims only, but enjoy! :cool:

Nice info, thanks! :cool:

Went ahead and Pinned it! :huh:

Now just need someone to add mount type top & bottom and if there adjustable or not(remote or not). :cool:

• Member Contributer

I've created my own spreadsheet wit this information and have been populating it over the years. It's by no means an exhaustive list, and it would be interesting to compare my actual measurements with someone else.

• Member Contributer
Maybe this can be made into a VFRD wikipage so anyone can add measurements of other shocks to the list.

Yep good idea. we could add the mounting type,res location, standard spring N/mm, shim stacks etc.

Any ideas on how to set this up on VFRD forums? :mellow:

Maybe the submission first has to be approved by Slammer before anyone else besides mods and uploader can view the file.

This true. It said when I uploaded that site admin would need to vet it first.

@ Rock dude: This is what I got when I opened the file:

photo-301.jpg

No excel file but it was a bit of a "shock" :huh:

j/k

Yes, no problem downloading the file you posted.

Yep good idea. we could add the mounting type,res location, standard spring N/mm, shim stacks etc.

Slammer allready has this covered => Wiki

@ Rock dude: This is what I got when I opened the file:

photo-301.jpg

No excel file but it was a bit of a "shock" :happy:

j/k

Yes, no problem downloading the file you posted.

Slammer allready has this covered => Wiki

:blink: :laugh: :huh:

• Member Contributer

FYI - The data for the shock stroke is not correct. This information must have come from Ohlins as they show the stroke without bottom out bumpers, etc. This is not the functional stroke of the shock. Please disregard that information in the spreadsheet!!!

FYI - The data for the shock stroke is not correct. This information must have come from Ohlins as they show the stroke without bottom out bumpers, etc. This is not the functional stroke of the shock. Please disregard that information in the spreadsheet!!!

I got your Stroke right here! :laugh:

Thanks for the update on the info! :blush:

• Member Contributer

Useful info Jamie :blush: , can I ask where you found out? is it on a Ohlins website somewhere? many thanks. Red

• Member Contributer
Useful info Jamie :blush: , can I ask where you found out? is it on a Ohlins website somewhere? many thanks. Red

I guess just from being around and doing a lot of work on shocks. As mentioned previously, I have my own spreadsheet that details the length, stroke, mounting dimensions, spring rates, etc for the various shocks that I deal with regularly. I first noticed this when I guy stated that his Ohlins CBR1000RR had an advertised stroke of 58mm and I measured the one on my bench at 42mm. Ohlins sometimes designs in more stroke to their shocks, but not that much. You can find the Ohlins "advertised" shock travel using a Google search, probably what the author of this spreadsheet did.

• Member Contributer

Ah Ha! Just asking as I have Tony Foales suspension setup software which when analysing linkage ratios, types and dimensions needs the shock travel length.

I've been using the 57mm travel of a honda CBR954 to give rear wheel travel of 120mm. looks like i'll have to buy one and measure before continuing MK11 hossackviffer. bummer.

Very pleased you pointed this charts error. So thanks again Jamie.

Red

• Member Contributer
Ah Ha! Just asking as I have Tony Foales suspension setup software which when analysing linkage ratios, types and dimensions needs the shock travel length.

I've been using the 57mm travel of a honda CBR954 to give rear wheel travel of 120mm. looks like i'll have to buy one and measure before continuing MK11 hossackviffer. bummer.

Very pleased you pointed this charts error. So thanks again Jamie.

Red

I looked it up in my spreadsheet then double checked on a couple of CBR954 shocks I have:

CBR954RR shock travel = 38mm

This is the stock shock, aftermarket shocks may be different. The rear wheel has a travel of 135mm for an overall linkage ratio of 3.55:1. I hope this helps!

• Member Contributer

Thank you Jamie. :beer: That info saves me a ton of hassle and will save much expense too. :fing02: