Shortened Sidestand

VFRtiger

• Member Contributer

We just installed the shortened sidestand that I purchased from a fellow board member, mct54@excite.com. This is a quality piece of equipment!! It returns the bike to the original lean angle before the triangle flip. The workmanship that went into the sidestand is very impressive. It was a fairly easy install and well worth the monsy. I also like that it has a larger "foot" than the original. For those that want more than just the triangle flip, he has an entire lowering kit available as well.

Randy, thanks from a very satified VFR rider!!

• Member Contributer

If you saw the base off, then saw 3/8" off the stand, re-weld, it works out perfect with the "triangle flip" leaving the peg to engage the stand in the stock location............... :thumbsup:

• 8 months later...

Can you tell me how much was it?

I'm getting tired of looking for a proper place to park my bike so it won't fall down :fing02:

We just installed the shortened sidestand that I purchased from a fellow board member, mct54@excite.com. This is a quality piece of equipment!! It returns the bike to the original lean angle before the triangle flip. The workmanship that went into the sidestand is very impressive. It was a fairly easy install and well worth the monsy. I also like that it has a larger "foot" than the original. For those that want more than just the triangle flip, he has an entire lowering kit available as well.

• Member Contributer

Where is this VFRD fabricator located? I have a makeshift bracket for my sidestand (I only use the centerstand anyway) but my problem is with the Thurn rearsets, the pegs are now rearward on the bike with a longer thurn shifter, I need to extend the sidestand maybe with a greater lean angle so it stays out of the way of my left (now back a couple inches) footpeg, just a guy with a welder and some time is all I am looking for, my makeshift bracket is aluminum so no trust there, its a simple thing if you looked at my bike, thanks Doug

• Member Contributer
Where is this VFRD fabricator located? I have a makeshift bracket for my sidestand (I only use the centerstand anyway) but my problem is with the Thurn rearsets, the pegs are now rearward on the bike with a longer thurn shifter, I need to extend the sidestand maybe with a greater lean angle so it stays out of the way of my left (now back a couple inches) footpeg, just a guy with a welder and some time is all I am looking for, my makeshift bracket is aluminum so no trust there, its a simple thing if you looked at my bike, thanks Doug

Doug use the email in the original post. I simply don't remember where he is located or how much he charged for the sidestand. Since the install, I have never worried about where I park the bike or what type of lean angle I have.

Becky

• Member Contributer
Can you tell me how much was it?

I'm getting tired of looking for a proper place to park my bike so it won't fall down :fing02:

Use the email in my original reply and ask him what he charges. I am not trying to put you off, I simply don't remember. Randy is very easy to work with and quite responsive.

Archived