4th Gen. Vfr/cbr F4i Body Conversion

I have a 94 Vfr 750 that im doing a rebuild project on with a custom rear tail piece and ehaust, but id like to redo the front too. Would you be willing to help me out with the bracket as far as plans and dimensions and the info to where you got your plastics?? :wheel:

Sorry for missing your question, as I've not been active on here for a long time. The first posts stated that I used the Sharkskin race bodywork.. I don't have any drawings of the rear subframe I made unfortunately. Sorry.

We still have the bike and are planning a new paint job for this year.

I have a 94 Vfr 750 that im doing a rebuild project on with a custom rear tail piece and ehaust, but id like to redo the front too. Would you be willing to help me out with the bracket as far as plans and dimensions and the info to where you got your plastics?? :wheel:

Sorry for missing your question, as I've not been active on here for a long time. The first posts stated that I used the Sharkskin race bodywork.. I don't have any drawings of the rear subframe I made unfortunately. Sorry.

We still have the bike and are planning a new paint job for this year.

Dude, where you been???????????

• Member Contributer

Did the Blues Brothers Band go on an extended tour in an area w/o internet?? :unsure:

Good to "see" you are still around!

Yep, I took an extended break as Nick has the VFR now, and I've been without a bike for two years now. I will be changing jobs the first of June and was going to buy a 84,85,or86 Honda Nighthawk but my wife just lost her 80K/year job on Friday, so I aint buying crap now. I'm going to likely "borrow" my old VFR back and use it to commute with. I unfortunately sold the Helibars, Convertibars, and Spiegler riser bar setups, so now I'm going to have to try and locate a set of them, as Nick put the stock bars on it when he got it from me. I went and sat on it today where he has it stored and it's just too far bent over for me, now that I'm almost 58 in a week or so. I'll let you know if I start commuting with it.

Glad to hear all the old timers are still here.

• 3 months later...
Guest Electrodynamic

Sorry for our/my absence but I had some health issues about a year and a half ago followed by my son being born. Needless to say I haven't ridden the bike hardly any this past year. I maybe put 75 miles on it in 2012. I'm now entertaining selling it for $2800. I'd rather see it ridden instead of sitting in my shed almost all year long. :( It pains me seeing it sitting there not being ridden.

• 1 month later...
Guest Electrodynamic

The VFR got sold today. :(

Big bummer but at least it went to a current VFR rider. The guy who bought it has a first generation VFR 700. Very cool. Local guy saw it on Craigslist and came over a few days ago to look at it. He is a very nice guy who is also very respectful. After he was done initially looking at it he mentioned that he didn't want to ask to ride it because he didn't have any money to give me right then but asked if he could see it being ridden. I said sure and jumped on it and rode it down the short distance to the end of my road and back (about 75 yards). When I was pulling back up to my driveway I saw him smiling and knew the deal was done. Through his smiles he quickly said that it was the best sounding bike he's ever heard. And well, the very next day he came back with cash in hand. I almost teared up watching/hearing it drive off into the sunset. I'm really going to miss that bike. :)

Edited by Electrodynamic

• Member Contributer

Glad to see it went to a VFR guy. Sorry I couldn't buy it, myself. It was good meeting you a couple weeks ago. I also hope the new owner becomes a member on the forum and joins us for TMAC next year!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Electrodynamic

I told him to sign up here. He saw the complete build thread that I linked here in my ad so hopefully he will sign up and continue updating this thread with his progress.

Sadly I haven't heard anything from him since I mailed the title to him. :(

• 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...