Givi V35 Sidecases

NVR2L8

• Member Contributer

So here's a question. If the OEM cases are made by Givi, but mount closer in, is it possible to put the Givi PLX bags on the OEM mounts? And does Honda sell the mounting racks separately?

Not that it matters, for me, since I have the 4th gen. But I am curious. I really like the PLX bags and if I got a new VFR I'd want them for it.

• Member Contributer
Has anyone heard if Givi or SW mototech is going to fab some mounting brackets for the V35 cases to the 5th gen????????????

I have asked Twisted Throttle and Givi.

No mounts for the 5th gen.

That was a few months ago. Maybe it is time to try again.

:unsure:

• 2 months later...
I bought these back in November. Look good and serve there purpose well for me. No complains. They don't set as close to the bike as the picture above shows, but they aren't bad. Heres a couple of shots of the matte black ones.

DSC_0001.jpg?t=1173377185

DSC00025-1.jpg

Can you put a topcase with the Givi PLX166 mounting hardware and V35 sidecases ? if so, what is the recommended Givi topcase model, and how is it installed on the PLX166 ?

• 3 weeks later...
I'm going to mod my mounts to fit a bit tighter to the bike. Due to the way they mount it'll be quite easy. I'll post pics when done.

Just out of curiosity, did you ever finish this project? I've looked at the mounts and it seems if you cut a bit off the top spacer and bent the bracket that goes to the footpeg you could probably bring them in a bit, but I'd love to see any pictures.

• Member Contributer

I got these about a year ago. The only time I wory about the extra width is when I am getting gas and am next to the pump.

IMG_1714.jpg

Archived