6 Gen Fuse Box Location ?

Guest Tori

Track day tomorrow,..... im either gonna diconnect the tailights, tape them, or just pull the fuse. I believe the fuse box is behind the upper cowls on the side. Can i reach it without removing the side fairings ? Doesnt look like it to me.....

Thanks in advance,

TORI

• Member Contributer

The fuse box is located behind the inner access panel (just behind & below the right headlight) on the right side of the bike. There is one allen bolt and two plastic push pin type fasteners to remove the panel. Hope this helps.

The fuse box is located behind the inner access panel (just behind & below the right headlight) on the right side of the bike. There is one allen bolt and two plastic push pin type fasteners to remove the panel. Hope this helps.

Thank you Hondalover,...... gotta be at the track in 1 hour...... so your quick response definately helps. Thanks you :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

Under the meter panels. Remove the headlight fuse, but you will have to disconnect the bulbs for the tail lights if you want to keep your dash (tach, speedo, etc).

Ended up just unplugging all the lights. No dissassembly required. (except for the front markers)

Track day was awesome. The big VFR ruled the novice class. :D

Not my best pic, but the only one i have right now untill the photo CD shows up.....

CP__1861.jpg

Ended up just unplugging all the lights. No dissassembly required. (except for the front markers)

Not my best pic, but the only one i have right now untill the photo CD shows up.....

CP__1861.jpg

You the man. I was just getting ready to get at the fuse box to prep the bike for the track this weekend and read your last response. That's MUCH easier! :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

CP__1861.jpg

The VFR is no slouch on the track. Until you get into the Expert class you won’t be at much of a disadvantage with it. Hell, I turned 12 second better times at Jennings with the VFR than I have so far with my 600rr. :joystick:

• Member Contributer
12 seconds, damn.

In all fairness I haven't even had a chance to get used to the bike yet. I was out for 5 months with a broken wrist, then my first lap of my first session back with 2 hands I crashed, then lost my shift linkage the first lap of the first session after fixing that, and then I rode 2 sessions after fixing that before my battery died. So between being rusty, a new bike, and skiddish after 2 crashes almost in a row I wasn't really pushing it.

The VFR is no slouch on the track. Until you get into the Expert class you won’t be at much of a disadvantage with it. Hell, I turned 12 second better times at Jennings with the VFR than I have so far with my 600rr. :joystick:

Yeah, the torque the V4 was laying down was ruling everyone coming out of the corners, then the VTEC would kickin about the time you'd get her stood back up,... :thumbsup:

Archived