What do you use to clean your full face window?

Guest gilligan

Guest gilligan

What do you use to clean your full face window, so that there is no reflect when facing the sun?

Thanks.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Invisible Glass and microfiber towel. Or sometimes Honda polish....and microfiber towel.

The key to not hazing your visor is that microfiber towel, or at least something you're SURE is 100% cotton...not something laying around the garage. Paper towels? Never!

• Member Contributer

I hit mine with Honda Cleaner and a t-shirt, and I also carry a small microfiber towel in my tank bag for on-the-road cleaning.

• Member Contributer

I take mine off and use dish soap. It is supposed to reduce fogging. I do it more as a habit than really believing it. But I don't see any glare.

Guest ufraidees
I take mine off and use dish soap. It is supposed to reduce fogging. I do it more as a habit than really believing it. But I don't see any glare.

Before each ride I use 3M Brand 10,000 Grit Fine Cut Clear-coat Safe Polish then followed up with Mothers California Gold Clay Bar.

For the final finish I apply a light coating of Rain-X & Rain-X Anti-Fog.

After spending about 1 hour detailing my shield I'm now ready to ride off into the sunset... :D

• Member Contributer

Yesterday, I dipped paper towels from aside the gas pump at the gas station into the bin of washer fluid hanging near the same pump... Wiped & dried with more paper towels.

I have also applied Rain-X from time to time... Although, no real problems riding in the rain... My Arai does not ever fog it seems like...

I need a helmet AC unit or something now though... It is getting hot inside there!

Later

WD40 and newspaper.

Really?

- Sometimes.

But when I don't have WD40 and newspaper handy, I use Plexus and a soft cloth.

Out on the road, I use windowcleaner in a small "Simple Green" (useless stuff) pump bottle, and a microfibre cloth.

At work I use Vu-Tek? Lemon Scented Anti-Glare Filter Cleaner: "Specially formulated for anti-glare filters, it's equally efffective on monitors, eyeglasses, or any glass or acrylic surface." Or AGV visors. :goofy:

Plus it's free! I just take it out of my desk drawer, and voila! A misspelled musical implement.

Windex and paper towel after each ride.

I've read something about Windex can cause some milky fogging of clear shields. I think it did do this to my old BMW System 2 face shield. It's doesn't seem too bad, but there is a definite milkyness to it's shield when I compare it to my non Windexed helmet face shields.

Not sure if it still can be a problem with newer helmets.

I switched wholly to Pledge Lemon to clean and polish my helmets and shields :thumbsup: . I also use Plexus once in a while.

Beck

95 VFR

Archived