What do you use to clean your full face window?

Guest gilligan

Novus #1 and Turkish towel or cheesecloth for normal. When the things starts getting old and scratched up, then Novus #2 first.

I've got shields that are 3 years old and it's a year round riding season here. (On the race track, they still last a year!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

upgraded from plexus,, too Meguires 2 stage cleaner and plastic polish, IT is great and removes almost all the scratches that has built up

over time.

Hard too convince others how good untill i make them try it.

Another vote for Plexus and a soft towel, works a treat.

Just found out about Plexus and tried it out last week-end......looks like I don't even have a visor on my helmet it's so clear. :thumbsup:

At home I use the Dollar General aerosol glass cleaner, or if I'm out of glass cleaner I spit on the face shield and wipe it off with a soft cloth. The enzymes in saliva break bugs down instantly. It's cheap and super effective.

• 4 weeks later...

Plexus with microfiber towel are the only things I've used on my Iridium Shoei Visor for the last 4 years, unless loads of bug splatter on it then will wet a soft facial tissue with warm water to lay on the bugs for about 30 sec's then rinse them off.

Plexus and microfiber towel, the size of a face cloth.

BTW, how do you clean bug guts off the microfiber towel? Putting it in the washer with the rest of my dirty clothes doesn't do the trick...

Novus #1 and a soft towel.

Ditto Novus #1 and a cotton towel or diaper " clean diaper" --- used ones tend to be a bit messy.

Archived