#1 rolomarr

rolomarr

Local Racer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • In My Garage::1998 Honda VFR 800

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:24 PM

If you haven't heard about it yet, I'm sure you will soon seeing as how it is all over the media. Contrary to what the media would want you to believe this ride is not being planned as a "conter-protest" of the 1 Million Muslim march. It just so happens to take place on the same day. And also coincidentally is for a much better cause.

Anyway, any one else thinking about going to this? As of today I'm on the fence but if I found a group that wanted to go then I'd be down.

Google 2 Million Bikers to D.C. for more info. Just remember not to believe eveything you read :p

#2 CornerCarver

CornerCarver

Then the forks fell off...

• Forum Contributor
  • 4270 posts
  • In My Garage::9 V4 Hondas, 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, & 6th Gen, 2003 Odyssey, 2013 Tundra, 1999 Dinan Stage III M3

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:39 PM

What is it for? more free healthcare for our elected officials to exempt themselves from or a good cause?

#3 fabio222

fabio222

Factory Team Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • In My Garage::VFR 750 4th Gen 1997

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:09 PM

Anything that says that it "stands for America" is something I reckon I'd avoid if I were in the US myself. Same if it said "stands for Ireland". 

What is America?

What is Ireland?

America is a...........melting pot of cultures? a cohesive nation? an economy? a compassionate nation? a military power? a nation of economic servitude? a nation of personal freedom? a nation of vast surveillance? 

Ireland is....melting pot of cultures? a cohesive nation? an economy? a compassionate nation? a military power? a nation of economic servitude? a nation of personal freedom? a nation of vast surveillance? 

It's just way too ambiguous...

#4 Duc2V4

Duc2V4

Race Team Owner

• Forum Contributor
  • 2150 posts
  • In My Garage::2002 Audi A4,1995 Ducati 900SS SP, 2001 VFR800 and 2009 VFR800.

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:29 PM

Just doing rides with a handful of riders can be a tricky thing, imagine what 2 Million riders will be like. Besides, on rides like these, it's mostly cruisers and guys with EXTRA loud pipes. I for one would not be in for it. Regardless of the cause, sometimes these larger events have a backlash, sometimes because of a few rotten apples, but other times it's because that much traffic interferes with the daily lives of others and people tend to get pissed off at us, rather than agree with whatever cause is being promoted. Don't get wrong, I'm not against this event, but 2 Million riders (even if it only hits a few hundred) is a little too much for my taste.

#5 timmythecop

timmythecop

Deported to Maryland, Says he's not from there!

• Volunteer
  • 8367 posts
  • In My Garage::VFR800, VF500R, RC51, GS850G, CB400T

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:11 PM

I just hope it is on my days off. (that is untill they cancell my days off because of this)

:wacko:

#6 Dutchy

Dutchy

Race Team Owner

• Forum Contributor
  • 10500 posts
  • In My Garage::1997 VFR750F

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:58 AM

. And also coincidentally is for a much better cause.

I beg to differ.

What WOULD be a victory to humankind is if they could meet for a 3 million march together against intolerance.

I wonder how many of the shouters have ever been in touch with a muslim?

Put freedom in your head, not fear and hate.

YMMV,

appreciate if you consider/think for a monent the miles people of other etnic or religeous background make.

#7 Monk

Monk

Race Team Owner

• Volunteer
  • 5113 posts
  • In My Garage::Honda VFR '08
    Honda Civic
    Coupe EX '12

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:24 AM

I wouldn't even go to Daytona during bike week, where it would be "FUN", much less DC which is a traffic nightmare on any given day.

If they were going to oust our leaders, it might be worth the trouble.

#8 gll429

gll429

Race Team Owner

• Forum Contributor
  • 3587 posts
  • In My Garage::a bunch of vfrs

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:54 AM

i live very close to DC.. let me know what day so i can stay inside..all those scary bikers .....

:goofy:

#9 FJ12Ryder

FJ12Ryder

Motorcycle Racing Legend

• Forum Contributor
  • 1059 posts
  • In My Garage::'99 VFR
    '86 Yamaha FJ1200
    Peggy's SilverWing scooter

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:24 PM

This is the first I've heard about it. Can't think of a worse place to be just offhand.

#10 BusyLittleShop

BusyLittleShop

Have a Wheelie Nice Day

• Forum Contributor
  • 4424 posts
  • In My Garage::RC45 RC30, For Sale 5th & 6th Gen Peg Lowering Blocks made exclusively for VFRD. contact me in a PM.

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:43 PM

I'm a rider not a biker... there is a big difference...

swallowtailed
swallowtailed
swallowtailed
swallowtailed