• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 firebladestan

firebladestan

STAN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Location:Nottingham, England.We all call each other Duck,why?...nobody knows.
  • In My Garage::2010 vfr800vetch.2005 fireblade.Suzuki 1325 pro street drag bike.1260 Suzuki katana.

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:44 AM

just spotted fmf slip on exhaust on e bay for 800 vtech.anybody out there in vfr land tried these yet?...found them under worldwide_motorcycle_equipment...and fmf racing .com...tempted to buy.

#2 Veefer800Canuck

Veefer800Canuck

FrankenOwner

• Forum Moderator
  • 12673 posts
  • In My Garage::2010 Honda GL800RR-SP2
    Back in business baby!

Donator

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:34 AM

They look nice in the pics, would love to see a set mounted to a VTEC.

#3 firebladestan

firebladestan

STAN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • In My Garage::2010 vfr800vetch.2005 fireblade.Suzuki 1325 pro street drag bike.1260 Suzuki katana.

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:34 AM

they do look the business mate.couldn,t resist,just bought a set through e-bay.there are 3 pictures of the silencers(mufflers) fitted to a interceptor on the fmf site...is there a vfr anomonous?..cant stop modifying this brilliant bike!.

#4 Veefer800Canuck

Veefer800Canuck

FrankenOwner

• Forum Moderator
  • 12673 posts
    Back in business baby!

Donator

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:04 AM

Apparently, the cans are intended to be mounted with the logos facing out, which makes them stick out funny on the bike (see top pic)

But with a little reworking, you can swap them side for side and they tuck in a lot better, with the logos facing in (bottom pic)

Posted Image

The guy in this video swapped his around, I think they look a lot better that way.

http://youtu.be/P7vSLtvKnY8

#5 Veefer800Canuck

Veefer800Canuck

FrankenOwner

• Forum Moderator
  • 12673 posts
    Back in business baby!

Donator

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:14 AM

they do look the business mate.couldn,t resist,just bought a set through e-bay.there are 3 pictures of the silencers(mufflers) fitted to a interceptor on the fmf site...is there a vfr anomonous?..cant stop modifying this brilliant bike!.

Not Bad, and only $61 for shipping to the UK.

Post up some pics/sound clip when you install them, and let us know which way you decided to face them after all.

#6 firebladestan

firebladestan

STAN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:25 AM

thanks for that excellent work,got me salavating now!..will be in touch..

#7 Veefer800Canuck

Veefer800Canuck

FrankenOwner

• Forum Moderator
  • 12673 posts
    Back in business baby!

Donator

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:34 AM

Here's what the YouTube guy had to say:

Q- You did a good job man they look much better that way(logo's in)..When you say a "bit of work" did you have to cut and change the mounting on the cans or re-weld anything or was it just patience and fiddle around with it.. Going to order a set for my VFR and mount them your way so Thanks for uploading the video..

A- No cutting or welding, just some slight bending of the mounting tabs on the cans. And some trial and error with the bolts. I ended up using the stock bolts without spacers (cans come with new longer bolts and spacers).

Q- Hi there nice bike man. Quick question can these pipes be mounted both ways, like logo's facing out on both and logo's facing in on both..? Are the mountings the same...Thanks

A- Yes, they can be mounted both ways. They are intended to be mounted with the logos out, but I didn't like that look. It takes a bit of work to make them fit the other way (logos in, like my bike), but it's not too bad.

#8 dallasb

dallasb

Factory Team Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • In My Garage::'02 VFR, definitely in red. '03 SV650 for the wife

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

I think it is one of the better looking VTEC exhausts for sure, but I think if they were pulled forward about 2 inches it would be even better, I don't like to see the front of the canister.

#9 WingZer0n

WingZer0n

Privateer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • In My Garage::05 VFR800ABS Cosmic Black

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:15 PM

Wonder if it wil fit with the OEM handbags?

#10 Veefer800Canuck

Veefer800Canuck

FrankenOwner

• Forum Moderator
  • 12673 posts
    Back in business baby!

Donator

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:30 PM

Handbags. :laughing6-hehe:

swallowtailed
swallowtailed