Photo

Anybody Tried Shrinking Leather Riding Boots?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lobster

Lobster

Stay safe, better your position, finish on top.

• Forum Contributor
  • 1732 posts
  • In My Garage::Minivan, Jeep, 2003 DR650

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:51 PM

Today I scored a nice pair of lightly used Diadora leather riding boots. They are just a touch on the large size even with my thickest riding socks on. These are the leather versions and don't have major plastic all over them. Do you think I can soak these in water for a few hours and let them dry in the sun and have them cinch up a little bit? They don't need to shrink much...and I only paid $50. I'm open to any ideas...thanks.

Posted Image
boot

#2 CharlesW

CharlesW

Always learning

• Forum Contributor
  • 459 posts
  • In My Garage::2004 VFR800F

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:54 PM

Today I scored a nice pair of lightly used Diadora leather riding boots. They are just a touch on the large size even with my thickest riding socks on. These are the leather versions and don't have major plastic all over them. Do you think I can soak these in water for a few hours and let them dry in the sun and have them cinch up a little bit? They don't need to shrink much...and I only paid $50. I'm open to any ideas...thanks.

Posted Image
boot

Maybe an insole to take up some space?
While the water treatment might shrink the leather uppers, what happens where they meet the sole?

#3 Polarbear

Polarbear

Polarbear

• Forum Contributor
  • 3133 posts
  • In My Garage::2003 VFR ABS, 1983 Kz550Ltd

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:55 PM

Put on weight?
I would try the insole first.
C

#4 Monk

Monk

Race Team Owner

• Volunteer
  • 5113 posts
  • In My Garage::Honda VFR '08
    Honda Civic
    Coupe EX '12

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:16 PM

Posted Image
boot

Maybe an insole to take up some space?
While the water treatment might shrink the leather uppers, what happens where they meet the sole?

I agree......You'll never get the whole shoe to fit trying to shrink it.... But a Doctor Scolls(or whatever) inter sole while do the trick.

#5 VFR4Lee

VFR4Lee

Third Strike Threadjacker.

• Volunteer
  • 7530 posts
  • In My Garage::'98 VFR800, still loving it.
    '03 Aprilia Tuono, 4 Sale.
    '07 Aprilia Tuono, Bike Me!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:39 PM

Insole and two pairs of socks if needed. :+1:

swallowtailed
swallowtailed
swallowtailed
swallowtailed