#1 Efizzle707

Efizzle707

Local Racer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • In My Garage::1995 honda VFR 750

Posted 16 May 2008 - 03:57 PM

wus up guys i bought a crashed 95 vfr 750. I got it to turn before but when i replaced the kill switch the engine wont turn anymore. The only thing that happens is that the starter soliniod relay just clicks. I bought a new relay but I get the same problem. should i get a new starter or get a starter rebuild kit

pls help all tips is highly apreciated thanks

#2 Dutchy

Dutchy

Race Team Owner

• Forum Contributor
  • 10500 posts
  • In My Garage::1997 VFR750F

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:46 PM

wus up guys i bought a crashed 95 vfr 750. I got it to turn before but when i replaced the kill switch the engine wont turn anymore. The only thing that happens is that the starter soliniod relay just clicks. I bought a new relay but I get the same problem. should i get a new starter or get a starter rebuild kit

Start by dowloading the workshop manual from the Download section at the top. It not only shows every not and bolt and wire it also contain some trouble shooting guide.

Do you still have the old kill switch?

#3 Efizzle707

Efizzle707

Local Racer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:56 PM

Start by dowloading the workshop manual from the Download section at the top. It not only shows every not and bolt and wire it also contain some trouble shooting guide.

Do you still have the old kill switch?

yea i have the old kill switch but its damaged

#4 SLO97VFR

SLO97VFR

Cosmo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • In My Garage::1997 VFR , 67 GT Mustang Fastback (GT 500), 1976 Mazda Cosmo, 1989 Chevy K5 Blazer, Kenetic moped

Posted 17 May 2008 - 12:42 AM

Start with the simple things like battery, although it may should 12v static it may be bad, might try jumping it. Then I would check the fuses off the positive lead from the battery. Then I would check for good grounds, if all that is ok then move to test at the switch. Starters are pretty hearty and dont usually go bad. However if you need one or a wire harness I can help. Brian

#5 Efizzle707

Efizzle707

Local Racer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:19 AM

Start with the simple things like battery, although it may should 12v static it may be bad, might try jumping it. Then I would check the fuses off the positive lead from the battery. Then I would check for good grounds, if all that is ok then move to test at the switch. Starters are pretty hearty and dont usually go bad. However if you need one or a wire harness I can help. Brian

I gave the bike a jump and still the motor wont turn so i opened the engine cover to see if the starter even works and it tries to turn but the motor seems to be stuck or something the bike is in neutral but the motor seems to be stuck

please any info is appreciated i just wanna get this thing running so i can start ridding thanks guys

#6 Beck

Beck

Race Team Owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4633 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 12:41 PM

Your last decription of the problem seems to describe a locked up condition with the motor itself, with the starter not being able to turn it over. Could you have a hydrolock condition (fuel or coolant leaking into the cylinder and filling it up) with one of the cylinders? Sounds unlikely, but might be worth checking out. Remove the plugs from the cylinders and try to turn it over again.

Beck
95 VFR

Edited by Beck, 17 May 2008 - 12:44 PM.

#7 SLO97VFR

SLO97VFR

Cosmo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • In My Garage::1997 VFR , 67 GT Mustang Fastback (GT 500), 1976 Mazda Cosmo, 1989 Chevy K5 Blazer, Kenetic moped

Posted 17 May 2008 - 04:41 PM

Have you tried to push start it?

#8 Efizzle707

Efizzle707

Local Racer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 07:41 PM

Have you tried to push start it?

no i havent but i checked the coils and it donts seem to get any sparks I checked the sparks plugs too and it wasnt wet so can any of you guys give me any more tips highly appreciated thanks

#9 Efizzle707

Efizzle707

Local Racer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 09:48 AM

ok i got the bike to turn it even fires up but I have to hold the start button. I can even rev the throtle but as soon as I let go of the start button the bike dies.
could it be an electrical issue?

#10 The Phantom

The Phantom

Quieta non movere

• Volunteer
  • 4375 posts
  • In My Garage::94 VFR750
    95 VFR750

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:17 PM

I'd now be looking at the carbs - they could probably use a clean.

swallowtailed
swallowtailed
swallowtailed
swallowtailed