Factory Team Rider

• Forum Contributor
  • 231 posts
  • In My Garage::2006 Pearl White VFR
    2009 White CBR 1000RR
    1990 Black GB500
    2007 Blue/Silver CBR600RR Track Bike

Posted 21 October 2007 - 06:58 PM

We just installed the shortened sidestand that I purchased from a fellow board member, mct54@excite.com. This is a quality piece of equipment!! It returns the bike to the original lean angle before the triangle flip. The workmanship that went into the sidestand is very impressive. It was a fairly easy install and well worth the monsy. I also like that it has a larger "foot" than the original. For those that want more than just the triangle flip, he has an entire lowering kit available as well.

Randy, thanks from a very satified VFR rider!!

#2 AvalonRacing

AvalonRacing

Motorcycle Racing Legend

• Forum Contributor
  • 1146 posts
  • In My Garage::'07 BMW F800S
    MB C230 Kompressor
    4Runner SR5
    Seven,Merlin,Litespeed,Klein,SWorks

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:17 PM

Is this in code (triangle flip)? Is it an infomercial? Or is it just too vague for me to understand.

#3 COS_VFR

COS_VFR

Factory Team Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • In My Garage::'96 VFR 750 Red
    '83 XJ650LK Silver (Yamaha)

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:23 PM

Is this in code (triangle flip)? Is it an infomercial? Or is it just too vague for me to understand.

http://www.vfrdiscus...showtopic=10853

#4 skuuter

skuuter

Race Team Owner

• Volunteer
  • 9915 posts
  • In My Garage::2014 HONDA FORZA300 Scooter & 2013 HONDA PCX150 Scooter

Posted 22 October 2007 - 01:13 AM

If you saw the base off, then saw 3/8" off the stand, re-weld, it works out perfect with the "triangle flip" leaving the peg to engage the stand in the stock location............... :thumbsup:

#5 ChiAlex

ChiAlex

Club Racer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • In My Garage::2004 Honda VFR800

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:58 PM

Can you tell me how much was it?

I'm getting tired of looking for a proper place to park my bike so it won't fall down :fing02:

We just installed the shortened sidestand that I purchased from a fellow board member, mct54@excite.com. This is a quality piece of equipment!! It returns the bike to the original lean angle before the triangle flip. The workmanship that went into the sidestand is very impressive. It was a fairly easy install and well worth the monsy. I also like that it has a larger "foot" than the original. For those that want more than just the triangle flip, he has an entire lowering kit available as well.

#6 DougFromIndy

DougFromIndy

Race Team Owner

• Volunteer
  • 1378 posts
  • In My Garage::12 motorcycles
    2 snowmobiles
    3 chainsaws

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:10 PM

Where is this VFRD fabricator located? I have a makeshift bracket for my sidestand (I only use the centerstand anyway) but my problem is with the Thurn rearsets, the pegs are now rearward on the bike with a longer thurn shifter, I need to extend the sidestand maybe with a greater lean angle so it stays out of the way of my left (now back a couple inches) footpeg, just a guy with a welder and some time is all I am looking for, my makeshift bracket is aluminum so no trust there, its a simple thing if you looked at my bike, thanks Doug

#7 VFRtiger

VFRtiger

Factory Team Rider

• Forum Contributor
  • 231 posts
    2009 White CBR 1000RR
    1990 Black GB500

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:19 PM

Where is this VFRD fabricator located? I have a makeshift bracket for my sidestand (I only use the centerstand anyway) but my problem is with the Thurn rearsets, the pegs are now rearward on the bike with a longer thurn shifter, I need to extend the sidestand maybe with a greater lean angle so it stays out of the way of my left (now back a couple inches) footpeg, just a guy with a welder and some time is all I am looking for, my makeshift bracket is aluminum so no trust there, its a simple thing if you looked at my bike, thanks Doug

Doug use the email in the original post. I simply don't remember where he is located or how much he charged for the sidestand. Since the install, I have never worried about where I park the bike or what type of lean angle I have.

Becky

#8 VFRtiger

VFRtiger

Factory Team Rider

• Forum Contributor
  • 231 posts
    2009 White CBR 1000RR
    1990 Black GB500

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:21 PM

Can you tell me how much was it?

I'm getting tired of looking for a proper place to park my bike so it won't fall down :fing02:

Use the email in my original reply and ask him what he charges. I am not trying to put you off, I simply don't remember. Randy is very easy to work with and quite responsive.

swallowtailed
swallowtailed
swallowtailed
swallowtailed