Ohlins reinstalled, powdercoated pieces installed worked overnight to reassemble the bike
I spent most the night and last night istalling new bearing on the swingarm and beginning the reinstall of all the parts. I installed the swingarm last night and rebuilt Ohlins shock, put the subframe into position and put in the plastic undertray. I had to make some repairs to the undertray since it had alot of holes drilled in it over the years for various parts. I filled them all in and smoothed it out with my pastic welder. Keep the dirt and rain out.
My wheels still need shoes! 83° Aluminum Racing Angled Valve Stem Ariete from Kurvygirl.com
I installed new LED lights in the dash - all from superbriteled.com there is a thread on it in the forum by veefer800canuke I opted for white for a brighter dash and to save on wattage over bulbs.
LED Dash Lighting I had to get the correct polarity but they all work by turning a few around.
knobs and switches Left Lamp turn off switch, HI LO Double Burn switch, Heated Seat, Heated Grips
Powdercoated swingarm Passenger Hanger and footpegs, powelet panel
Reoganized accessory wireing moved all the boxes forward and some by the fuse box, moved the accessory fuse box on top of the battery lid, to make more underseat space for tools
I rewired the whole accessory area, rerouting the wires to the front of the bike better and added a powerlet on the front and side for my Zumo GPS and the side for my heated vest. Rerouted the autocom wires and moved the autocom forward. Changed the battery leads with less leads and changed the switching power from the plate light to a soldier job from the headlight relay wires, less wires to deal with 3inchs vs 2 feet of switching wire. I wired in LED indicator on the dash for my heated grips its blue on the top right, the top left is the voltmeter from signal dynamics, its red in the dash shot above. I added a heattroller for the heated seat I built, I could never quite it right before using resisters either too hot or not hot enough, now it can dial it in just right. I heated seat is great when I get out of work at 7am and there is frost all over the seat, it clears it off in moments and is comfy in minutes.
So far I have done tons of work
- New Chain
- New Sprockets
- New Fork Oil
- New Fork Seals
- Rebuilt the Ohlins Shock
- Powdercoated swingarm, footpegs, rearsets, hub, and passenger hangers
- Installed new bearings, rubber dampers, and seals in the eccentric hub
- rewired the accessories
- added 2 new powerlets
- repaired plastic damage from a couple of getoffs that resulted in deep scratches, 8 years of roadblast.
- sanded and sanded and sanded getting ready to paint
- Primed all the body pieces
- Sanded off scratches on the Staintune polished and cleaned
- Repaired a broken header stud replaced and put in new seals on the rear cylinders and headers
- New Wheels powdercoated installed trick valve stems
- New bearings on the wheels, swingarm, rearhubs, along with new dustseals
- New bolts and nuts all over - cleaned up most though
- Rebuilt the rear brake caliper new seals and polished the pistons, new bolts
- Bled the rear caliper
- Bought new graphics for a VFRD inspired paint job - even made my own font to use for the project availible in the site comments forum